Thursday 2 April 2015

Bus travels

I think since childhood i preferred bus travel over train. And when I started working, air travel looks and feels best. But then when i have chance to travel by road i still love bus. These days it has become so frequent that i get tired of it. But few times some incidents keep happening and the scenes make me remain hungry for more. 

Month back I was traveling to chamba from shimla and time it takes for bus is 16 hours. I started at morning 7am and reached at night9pm. It was damn tiring but was full of exictment that i lost time many times. The steep valley on one side and huge mountains with lush green grass and long trees. Himachal has the toughest roads to travel and really burns a person out. This trip to chamba i remember not only for the beauty but sheer stupidity and bizzarness also. I was on bus and this Shepard from upper hills came inside and was carrying a fully grown goat, he actually had to go some place for few minutes when the bus stopped and he asked me to take care of the goat and made me handle its leash till then. The goat and me both keep on lookingat each other till the time he came back. I just couldn't keep off my smile for next half an hour just thinking about it. 

Then this time was going to kullu region and a young newly married lady came and seated herself next to me, she started talking about her hard life in village and poor conditions. I felt really sorry hearing it all and thought how fortunate i am. I belive no matter how much we grow and how much we earn but travel by bus will still make us live and feel real life. The people we meet and see tell us how fair and unfair life can be. I still keep feeling that bus travel keeps me grounded and makes me smile everytime no matter how much tiresome it might feel. Also, some experiences have been so romantic that i miss them. I was in second year of my graduation in chandigarh. This girl who was in university and obviously elder by couple of years, use to take same bus as mine from one stop ahead of me. Our eyes started to meet and i become her protecter in over crowded bus. She will always stand next to me with her back touching my chest and my arms will keep her secure from crowd. We never shared a word but for almost a year we travelled daily at same time. This might sound stupid but that time was super romantic to me. I still think of her sometime. Well lets see what buses hold for me in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment